Thursday, October 21, 2010

Immigrant

In my experience immigrants help each other whenever we can.
I believe as an immigrant that most of us share the same feelings of feeling out of place during those first days, or months before we settle down in this country. I believe that we immigrants receive help from other immigrants, but also help as soon as we have a chance. I can say that I had a lot help myself as an immigrant and most of it from other immigrants. I always ask God to bless this friend of mine who help me with it which also helped to keep my job. Most of us come here and do not have a job, and have idea how the system works to apply for one. Since the language is a big barrier also we feel so frustrated and hopeless. I remember those times when I was afraid to get out the house and go  somewhere because of the feeling of getting lost. For these, and a lot more, I always got a friend to help me. 
I remember having them driving me to work when did not have a car, because I did not know how to drive. This is something that I will never forget.  In the same way I have received help; I also have helped another when they have been in need or they have asked. I remember a day when I was very short on time for a job appointment; I was coming out a store when a woman with two kids, who I never met before ask me for a ride home. It was about to rain and starting to heal. Even though, I had not job at the time, I cold not say no to her. I drove her over to her place, believing that God always arranges time and place for everything. “What goes around, comes around”; I truly believe this saying.

1 comment:

  1. Nice examples, MaLuisa. You incorporated the edits very well, and added a great illustration! Keep writing....

    ReplyDelete